May 2018

May 2018

Monday, September 5, 2011

Fall Decorating

Today I started decorating the house and yard for fall, my favorite time of year.  I hung the autumn wreaths on the front and basement doors and in the dining room.  I also got out my Halloween cookie jars and Jim set up the big pumpkin in the front yard.  But mostly today was about putting away the summer decorations.

Decorating for Halloween and fall usually takes me a week, grabbing an hour here and there.  Because I love the autumn holidays, I don't mind at all.  Plus the fall decorations will be up three full months, unlike Christmas decorations that only last 3-4 weeks and seem to take the same amount of work.

Last year, at this time, we were preparing for the foundation fix by moving everything in the basement 10 feet from the front wall.  That included everything in the storage room.  It was a good opportunity to get rid of old holiday decorations that hadn't seen the light of day in years.  And when we installed new shelves in the storage room, I was able to super organize what was left.

All that work has made seasonal decorating so much easier.  I now can clearly see where everything is and no longer have to sift through stuff I no longer use.  I just love being organized!

No comments: