May 2018

May 2018

Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Crabby Grandma

Today was Professional Development Day (PDD) at Elliott's school.  That means classes ended at 12:08 P.M.   Of course it landed on a Jonah day, so all afternoon I had both boys.

Can I watch both boys by myself?  Sure.  Do I want to?  No.  I always become crabby grandma when I watch both boys together.  First of all, they're wild together.  Then there's the four-year age difference, which makes it tough to find a safe activity both boys will enjoy.  And, of course, Jonah's attention span is much shorter than his big brother's.  Whatever the reason, without fail, within 30-60 minutes I'm yelling at one or both of them.  I hate it.

I can't imagine any parent looking forward to PDDs.  Most families have two working parents, so it has to be a pain to find childcare for one afternoon every couple of months.  Emily and Mike are lucky to have a set of parents with somewhat flexible schedules.  But next time I'm going to insist papa help me or Mike take a half day off.  No body likes crabby grandma, especially me.

No comments: