May 2018

May 2018

Monday, September 12, 2011

Making My Wardrobe Functional

A functional wardrobe easily satisfies any normal occasion or activity in a person's life.  It eliminates the need for emergency shopping when an invitation arrives in the mail.  Over the weekend, while trying to decide what to wear to the wedding, I realized I currently have a "dysfunctional closet."

I'm set for everyday wear.  I have a good supply of active pieces for working around the house and yard as well as watching my grandsons.  I also have several nice knit pants, good-fitting jeans, and essential tops for weekend activities.  What I don't have any more are dressier pieces due to all the purging I've done in the last six months.  I got rid of all ill-fitting and worn garments, pieces I no longer liked, and anything extremely out of fashion.  It's now apparent a lot of those items were for special events.

Fortunately, I've got a shopping trip scheduled with a friend in a couple of weeks. In the meantime, I'm doing research to determine what pieces I need.  I no longer have the time or patience for emergency shopping!

No comments: