May 2018

May 2018

Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Little Did I Know

Over the last couple of years, it seems I keep finding things I've held onto for far too long.  For example, for years I had a large plastic bin full of Christmas lights taking up a lot of space in the storage room.  Yet I can barely remember having a tree that wasn't pre-lit.  So, last year, I finally donated all of the lights to charity. But sometimes there turns out to be a reason for holding onto something for years.

Indian Smurf created in 1983.
Yesterday, just as every year since 1983, I uncovered the Indian Smurf doll in my fall decorations.  I believe I found him at a Hallmark store on clearance and only paid a few dollars.  Although I never put him on display, for some reason I never wanted to get rid of him.  And now I finally know why I held onto Indian Smurf.

This morning, Elliott was extremely happy to find a "lovey" Smurf at grandma's house and will be taking him home this afternoon.  Little did I know, 28 years ago, that Indian Smurf was meant for one of my grandchildren.  I'm now so glad I held onto him all those years.

No comments: