May 2018

May 2018

Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Letting Go of a Wish

Daddy brought Elliott to grandma's this morning.  Usually mommy does the drop off, so Elliott didn't have his jacket.  It was 50 degrees this morning and Elliott was wearing a short sleeved t-shirt.  So we jumped in grandma's car and headed back to Elliott's house for his jacket.  I didn't want to start the day with an Elliott meltdown.  Plus I didn't want Elliott to look like the poor little kid with no coat.

Today's episode made me wish, again, that my grandsons would soon be moving next door.  Two houses will be built on the lot to our left.  One is probably 70 percent complete.  It's 4000 square feet and the facade is arts and crafts.  It will be a very nice home with a bigger than average backyard.  Mike and Emily were interested until they found out the price would be $400,000 plus.

But it sure would make life easier for everyone concerned if Elliott and Jonah lived next to grandma.  For sure, the morning shuffle would be less stressful and hectic.  The only way I see it happening, however, is if one of us suddenly comes into a lot of money.  It's a wish, therefore, I need to let go.

No comments: