May 2018

May 2018

Thursday, September 8, 2011

Unnecessary Fretting

There were two things I needed to do by the end of October that I've been fretting about for weeks.  I needed to get a flu shot and renew my drivers license.

Last year's flu shot was a nightmare.  My arm was extremely sore for two months and I couldn't lift it above my head.  After several weeks, I consulted my doctor who sent me to a physical therapist.  The PT suspected I was shot in a tendon. Needless to say, I was apprehensive about getting another flu shot.  But yesterday I decided to "bite the bullet."  Instead of going to a pharmacist, however, this year I went to my doctor's office.  The nurse gave me the shot and I knew, immediately, that it would be alright.  Last year my arm hurt during the injection and got progressively worse throughout the day.  This year, by the time I got home, I could barely tell I had gotten a shot.

I was also anxious about renewing my drivers license.  I remembered there being a road sign recognition test and, for some reason, I was worried about passing it this time.  But yesterday I decided to get that chore done, also.  The whole process took less than 10 minutes and I didn't have to identify a single road sign. Best of all, after 44 years, I finally have a drivers license with a good picture.  It's probably because I was happy and relieved about not having to take a road sign recognition test!

So yesterday turned out to be an exceptionally good day.  Not only did I check two things off my fall to-do list, I also eliminated additional weeks of unnecessary fretting.

No comments: