May 2018

May 2018

Thursday, September 15, 2011

Invasion of the Owls

Cute, but not wise.
I have no idea how it happened or why, but owls are everywhere.  They're in home decor, jewelry, crafts, accessories, and toys, and even on bakery cakes and cookies.

I've embraced the trend with an owl jewelry collection. It started with a gold tone pin I got on clearance over a year ago before the trend took off.  But now I also have the matching ring, a silver tone pin and necklace, and gold tone earrings.

Growing up, I remember my mom collected owls.  This morning dad gave me one of her figurines and three pins.  All together they're probably worth less than five bucks, but Emily and I will enjoy them for awhile.  The best thing about the current owl trend is it's one I'm sharing with my daughter.

Yes, it's an owl invasion.  As a Harry Potter fan whose favorite holiday is Halloween, I'm loving it!

No comments: