May 2018

May 2018

Friday, September 2, 2011

The First Time

One of the best things about being a grandparent has to be having a sweet face call you grandma or papa.  The first time Elliott said grandma, it seemed like my heart actually stopped.  It was as if it was capturing the moment much like a shutter on a camera closing.

So today is a special day for me.  This morning, while Jonah was helping papa feed the birds, he brought me a handful of seed and said, "here grandma."  It was a heart stopping moment and I'm glad papa heard it too.

For a couple of months, Jonah has been able to say dada, momma, and papa, but no grandma.  It was the same way with Elliott.  I guess grandma is just harder to say.  Yesterday I know he was trying to say grandma but it sounded more like his talking Korean doll.  Today it was clear.  Jonah can now say grandma and I look forward to hearing it often.


No comments: