May 2018

May 2018

Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Pleasant Change in the Weather

During the A/C season, I turn the thermostat up to 76 degrees in the morning.  Jim moves it down to 73 degrees at night.  This morning the thermostat read 70 degrees and I assumed Jim must have gotten really hot last night.  But now it's 10:45 A.M. and the thermostat still hasn't climbed to 76 degrees.

My immediate reaction was that the air conditioner or thermostat is broken.  But then I realized I haven't heard the air conditioner running all morning.  Could it possibly be that cool outside?  Finally I opened the sun room door to a pleasant surprise.  It feels like fall!

For August in Missouri, day-time temperatures in the mid-70s are extremely rare.  This gift should not be squandered!  Is it going to be cleaning up the yard or following the cat's lead and curling up in the sun room?  Since I'm still on vacation mode, I'm leaning toward a day with my Kindle.

No comments: