May 2018

May 2018

Saturday, August 20, 2011

Papa's Boy

This morning I'm feeling pretty proud of myself.  I successfully got through my first week of watching Jonah and getting Elliott to and from the bus stop.  And, by Friday, I actually enjoyed watching Jonah.  He was a lot more pleasant, not as crabby as Thursday morning.  I'm sure the fact that he ate good lunches Thursday and Friday, and took good naps, had a lot to do with it.  But by Friday afternoon, we both had fun in the play room.

Jonah still does not cuddle, however.  He also does not kiss or hug.  The best we get are blow kisses, which he does very well.  Nevertheless, it's clear Jonah favors his Papa Jim.  On Friday, Jim was able to stop by twice and Jonah's face lit up each time.  On one visit, as soon as Jim sat on the floor, Jonah ran over and plopped down as close as he could get.

I guess it would be nice for Jim to have a special relationship with Jonah since Elliott and I are so close.  But Jonah still needs to give grandma good hugs someday!

No comments: