May 2018

May 2018

Friday, August 19, 2011

Lose It!

After reading a review, I downloaded the Lose It! app to my iPhone and iPad.  That was several weeks ago, but I just started using it this week.  It's similar to MyFoodDiary.com, which helped me lose 25 pounds four years ago.  One of the advantages of Lose It! over MyFoodDiary, however, is that it's free. MyFoodDiary is $9.00 a month.

Because the review I read was about the app, I didn't realize at first that I needed to set up an account at the Lose It! website.  I now won't hesitate to recommend it to people who don't have a Mac or smartphone.  But the beauty of the app is being able to log food immediately.  I might not be near my computer when I eat, but I always carry my iPhone. Plus the website and iPad and iPhone apps are in sync.  So no matter which tool I pick up, I get my total caloric intake for the day as well as my history.

If you're looking for an easy way to count calories or keep a nutritional log give Lose It! a try.  Regularly logging your food intake can be a real eye-opener.

No comments: