May 2018

May 2018

Tuesday, August 23, 2011

If the Shoe Fits

In addition to the Jillian Michaels workout, I'm now walking the neighborhood three days a week.  After Elliott gets on the bus, Jonah and I take off.  We walk 30 minutes up and down several hills.  Its only been a week, but I'm already feeling the burn in my gluteal muscles.

Fitness walking, however, is not my exercise of choice.  It usually aggravates the frozen joint in my right foot.  I've gotten good at everyday walking without forcing my toe to bend.  But when walking for fitness, it's easy to forget.  The correct shoe helps.

During the summer I live in fitflop sandals.  The sole is stiff, so it's nearly impossible to bend my toes.  They also have good arch support.  Plus, with flip-flops, there's no pressure on my left foot's bunion.

Cooler months are tougher.  I'm constantly looking for closed-toe shoes that don't bother my feet or look orthopedic.  But I'm hoping something in my closet will work for my walks with Jonah because I don't want to give them up.  I'm feeling stronger and it's a great way to entertain a restrained toddler.

No comments: