May 2018

May 2018

Monday, August 22, 2011

And The Winner Is (Are). . .

Congrats Damian!
I've said it before and I'll say it again, The Glee Project is the best realty show on television. The first season ended last night.  As the four finalists presented their last performances, I was aching thinking about the three who wouldn't win.  They are all extremely talented and each one would be great on the hit show Glee.

From the beginning, it was understood the winner would get a seven-episode story arc on Glee.  Each contestant needed to display their ability to sing, dance, and act.  But, no matter how talented, it came down to whether or not the Glee writers could create a character for them.  That means each contestant's personality also played a key role, which is why I was cheering for Damian.

Out of the group, Damian is not the best singer, dancer, or actor, but he has a wonderful personality.  He seems to love life.  And, no matter how badly he wanted to win, Damian was always kind to the other contestants.  Of course, his Irish brogue doesn't hurt.  I could listen to Damian talk for hours.

So when Samuel was declared the winner, my heart sank, but only for a few seconds. Because it was quickly announced that Damian also won!  But then it got even better.  The other two finalists got mini-wins, two-episode story arcs!

I don't blame the judges for changing the outcome.  How could they pass on so much talent?  I'm glad they all won.  Best of all, I think the other contestants are too.

I always look forward to fall, but this year I'm especially excited.  I'm so looking forward to seeing The Glee Project winners on the third season of Glee. Congratulations Damian, Samuel, Alex, and Lindsay!


No comments: