May 2018

May 2018

Tuesday, August 16, 2011

First Day of Grandma Daycare

Today was the first day of grandma daycare for the 2011-12 school year.  Fortunately, it wasn't a full day.  Mike dropped Jonah off at 9:45 A.M. on his way to Elliott's Kindergarten orientation.  Emily picked him up at 4:00 P.M.

It obviously will take a few days (or possibly weeks) for all of us to "get in the groove." Today Jonah tried to nap without "blue bear."  Since giving up the pacifier, Jonah depends on "blue bear" to console him and help him fall asleep.  Daddy forgot "blue bear" and Jonah did not nap.

Jonah didn't nap yesterday at daycare either and desperately needs sleep.  Just two days of daycare and he already has his first cold of the season.  I truly don't remember my children getting sick as often as my grandsons.  But it's probably just something I've chosen to forget.

So today was like deja vu.  Listening to a lot of crying; changing dirty diapers; wiping a snotty nose; and acting like a fool to entertain a toddler.  I hate to say it, but I just might be too old for this gig.

No comments: