May 2018

May 2018

Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Elliott Starts "Big" School

I'm a lucky grandma.  While mom and dad were at work, I got to wait at the bus stop with Elliott on his first day of "big" school.  I was also there when Elliott got off the bus and had the pleasure of being the first to hear about his day.  He couldn't wait to tell me that the cafeteria reminded him of the great hall in the Harry Potter movies.

This morning I also got to visit Elliott's classroom. His school encourages parents or a loved one to spend part of the first day with their Kindergartener.  It's assumed they will be a little anxious about going to a new school.  That was not the case with Elliott, but I know he loved sharing some of his day with grandma anyway.

Some people might feel sad or old about this milestone, but I'm just happy to be a part of it.  Besides, it's tough to be down when Elliott is so extremely excited about this new adventure.

No comments: