May 2018

May 2018

Saturday, August 13, 2011

Cat Naps

It seems Rupert has found a new napping spot.  During the day, he used to sleep on our bed.  But now he's spending most of the day in the exercise room downstairs.

Last year when we added frames to the master bedroom windows, Rupert lost his favorite perch.  I felt bad, but just couldn't put a sticky velcro strip on my new window sill.  So when we set up the downstairs workout room earlier this year, I made sure Rupert had a perch.  I placed the bookcase under the window and put a blanket on top of it.  But he seldom used it until a few weeks ago.

Between painting and framing the two spare bedrooms and completely redoing the hall bathroom, I think Rupert simply got tired of all the noise and chaos in that area of the house.  Whatever the reason, just before we went on vacation last week, he began taking all his daytime naps on the bookcase in the workout room.  I kind of miss him, but completely understand.  For months, that room's been the quietest spot in the house. Cats are nothing if not smart.

Fortunately Rupert still hangs out with us in the evenings when we're watching television. But, honestly, that's mostly because he's waiting for me to go to bed.  At night, Rupert takes over my spot on the couch, unless we're on vacation.  I still haven't figured out why he doesn't sleep there when we're gone.  But there's never any cat hair on the couch until the morning after we return.  I've chosen to take it as a sign of endearment.  As any one who lives with a cat knows, you take what you can get!


No comments: