May 2018

May 2018

Sunday, July 24, 2011

My Oasis

Since the bathroom is on hold until replacement materials arrive Tuesday and Wednesday, I've had time this weekend to do some crafting and should be able to do more tomorrow.  But first I had to reclaim the hobby room.  I moved the bathroom supplies to the boys' room and rehung the hall pictures to get them off the floor.  I was then able to put away craft supplies that had accumulated on the project table.  The end result is I, once again, have the perfect escape.

As I age, I appreciate more and more the benefits of having a hobby.  When I'm paper-crafting, I think of nothing else but the project at hand.  All the other "stuff" in my life drifts away along with the stress.  It's the only time I'm purely "in the moment."

Of course having a dedicated room makes the whole experience even better.  A simple 10' x 13' room has become my oasis.  And I'm extremely grateful.

No comments: