May 2018

May 2018

Monday, July 25, 2011

Fighting Illness

It appears I'll be looking forward to weekends while the houses are being built next door.  After a weekend of silence, I was awaken again today by the air gun. And, to make matters worse, I started with congestion and a sore throat last night and didn't sleep well.

I'll be on a steady dose of AirBorne and Zicam this week, fighting to "nip it in the bud."  I have Elliott to thank for sharing.  He was congested when he slept over last week.  I just hope he doesn't pass it to anyone else, especially Jim who's had enough health problems lately.  

While we were in Mexico, it appeared Jim had scratched his back while snorkeling.  But, when we got home, he did some research and discovered it was shingles.  Fortunately, he caught it early enough that the two prescribed medications kept it from escalating to major discomfort.  While Jim was battling shingles, however, he also passed another kidney stone, which caused additional pain.  

I'm just grateful for the nice streak of good health we had before recent maladies. Because, without a doubt, we will be fighting illness on a regular basis, again, once school starts.

No comments: