May 2018

May 2018

Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Exercising My Rights

This morning I reached my limit.  After being awaken at 6:00 A.M., again, to the sounds of construction, I called the police department.  Article II of the Ballwin, Missouri Code of Ordinances clearly states construction noise is not permitted between 8:00 P.M. and 7:00 A.M. on week days, and 8:00 P.M. and 8:00 A.M. on weekends.  Within 15 minutes of my call, the police delivered their only warning. A citation will be issued for any further offense.

It's refreshing to have the city working for me instead of against me.  Dealing with Ballwin throughout all of our home improvement projects has been extremely frustrating.  Time is lost waiting for inspectors and often their demands are ridiculous.  But today the city came through for me and I'm looking forward to sleeping until at least 7:00 A.M. tomorrow.

No comments: