May 2018

May 2018

Friday, June 24, 2011

Movie Review + Updates

Today I joined Mike, Emily, and Elliott for an afternoon showing of Cars 2.  I thought the movie was cute, but long.  I can't believe how intently Elliott watched the entire thing.  He seems to be maturing so quickly these days.  I guess that's a good thing since he starts full-day Kindergarten in August.

The unfortunate thing about seeing a movie at the theater these days is the poor picture quality.  That is compared to our 1080p HD 40" flat screen at home.  I'm not technical enough to know the answer, but I'm sure it would make the price of a ticket even more difficult to swallow.  In the meantime, the industry is hyping 3D movies, which don't interest me at all.  And today we saw a preview for an upcoming 4D movie!

A few updates. . .  

The concrete slabs were poured this morning.  It'll take five days for them to cure.  That means the asphalt can't be laid until next Thursday, weather permitting.

I also heard from the doctor's office today about my cholesterol test results. Fortunately, the numbers are ideal, so I'm good for another year.  Thank you FoodNetwork and EVOO!



No comments: