May 2018

May 2018

Sunday, June 5, 2011

Deciding on an eReader

After extensive research, I ordered an eReader today.  I chose the Kindle because it got the best reviews.  Plus, after my recent success with Rewards Programs, I got an Amazon Visa and saved $40.  Since I place an Amazon order at least once a week, it was really a no-brainer.  I'll now get two points for every dollar spent, which will add up to Amazon gift certificates.

For me, the best feature of the Kindle is the Amazon Whispernet technology.  With the free Kindle app, Amazon Whispernet will keep my digital books, including my bookmarks, available on my iPad, iPhone, and Kindle.  In other words, if I find myself eating alone in a restaurant or waiting in a doctor's office, I can pick up a book where I left off, using whatever tool I have with me.  Amazing!

But the main reason I decided to get an e-reader was because of the no-glare screen.  We're going on two beach vacations this summer, so I'll be using it a lot in full sun.  And the eReader will take up much less space in my carryon than 2-3 paperbacks.  Plus, honestly, how cool will grandma look with an eReader!

No comments: