May 2018

May 2018

Saturday, June 4, 2011

Rewards Programs

For the most part, I find Rewards Programs annoying.  I'm usually in a hurry and hate when I'm delayed by the cashier asking if I'm in, or would like to join, the Rewards Program.  I usually just want to pay cash and be on my way.  However, some years ago, Rewards Programs started providing keychain tags, which made me more willing to participate.  Yes, my keychain is now cluttered with tags, but it's better than stuffing all those cards in my wallet.

And the truth is Rewards Programs offer nice savings.  Today I used $40 in Rewards Points at Best Buy. My $49.99 refrigerator water filter ended up costing just $9.99 plus tax.  I also recently saved $12 at the Day Spa with accrued Rewards Points.  But my favorite Rewards Program is the one offered by Panera where I eat at least once a week.  It's a nice surprise when I get a free meal, drink, or bakery item after the cashier swipes my tag.

I now need to embrace credit card Rewards Programs.  I hear they offer some nice savings. I do already appreciate the 5% discount I get every time I use my Target Visa at Target stores.  But I should investigate the savings other cards offer on plane tickets and hotel stays.  So now my To-Do List just got longer and I'm back to finding Rewards Programs -- annoying!

No comments: