May 2018

May 2018

Monday, May 9, 2011

Trader Joe's

I started shopping at Trader Joe's a couple years ago.  I don't go every week because it's not as close to home as Aldi, Schnucks, and Dierberg.   But every time I do go, I actually enjoy grocery shopping.

In my mind, Trader Joe's is a much cheaper and more intimate Whole Foods grocery store. They have a nice variety of foods from all over the world at reasonable prices.  It's allowed us to try new things, such as onion and gruyere flat bread from France.  But their own label foods are also good.  Right now I'm snacking on their sweet potato chips, which I find addictive.  A 7-oz bag is only $1.99 and one serving (17 chips) is just 160 calories.

Over the weekend, I began exploring Trader Joe's non-food items.  I picked up a two-month supply of their Ubiquinol CoQ10 supplement for $19.99.  Elsewhere, I've found the same quantity for nearly $90!  I also got their customer-recommended spray sunscreen for just $5.99.

For me, the only problem with Trader Joe's is how much time it takes to shop.  The store is small, but packed with treasures.  I find it impossible to just run through it.  Having more time to leisurely shop at Trader Joe's is another reason I'm looking forward to summer's break from Grandma Daycare.


*14 Grandma Days until End of School Year*

No comments: