May 2018

May 2018

Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Technical Frustrations

For the last week, my phone has been shutting down on its own at least six times a day. It's done this in the past, but not as often.  A few months ago I had Verizon check it out.  They found nothing wrong.  Nevertheless, it's obvious to me I need a new phone.

In addition to my phone frustration, yesterday afternoon and evening I was in a fight with our internet connection.  It kept disconnecting and, when it did work, was extremely slow. Because I'm also having laptop issues, I kept restarting my computer and rebooting the modem.  When it continued this morning, I contacted Charter and found out there's a problem in the area that should be fixed in a couple of hours.

My plan was to purchase a new laptop this summer.  Mine is several years old and the keyboard plate is being held together with duct tape.  But now I'll also be buying a new phone.  At this stage of my life, fortunately the cost for these items is not my main concern. What's most frustrating is choosing the right product for my needs.  There just seems to be too many options.  And the technical descriptions make my head hurt.  For both purchases I'll, once again, be depending on the recommendation of a 20- or 30-year-old.  And that's the biggest frustration of all.


*8 Grandma Days until End of School Year*

No comments: