May 2018

May 2018

Wednesday, May 18, 2011

It's a Garden Miracle!

I've never been able to grow plants from seeds.  I don't know why because it's supposed to be easy.  But after several failed attempts, I gave up years ago and just buy annuals as small plants.

This year, however, I want to grow Jack Be Little pumpkins and seedlings are not available. So a couple weeks before Easter, I planted 12 seeds in a peat tray, carefully following the directions.  The seedlings were supposed to appear within 14 days. After several weeks, there wasn't a single sprout.

Last week I tossed the peat tray on our upper patio, planning to work it into the pumpkin patch.  Not ready to give up all together, I bought three more packets of seeds and asked Jim to help me grow them outside.  Today I uncovered the peat tray to take it to the patch and found a garden miracle.  A seed had sprouted!

But now I'm anxious for that little sprout.  I ordered a frame for critter netting a couple days ago.  I just hope it comes in time.


*7 Grandma Days until End of School Year*

No comments: