May 2018

May 2018

Monday, May 16, 2011

We've Come a Long Way!

We're now into single-digit countdown to the last day of school.  It's hard to believe.  The end of the year seemed so far away when it began.  I had a rough time going back to full-time Grandma Daycare and watching an infant again.  It didn't help that Jonah had acid reflux.  Between Jonah and the cat, it seemed like I was always cleaning up puke!

What a difference nine months makes.  I no longer have to carry Jonah everywhere and there are fewer diapers to change.  There are also no more bottles to clean or formula to prepare.  Jonah now hand feeds himself and drinks whole milk from a toddler cup.  He can also play alone for longer periods.  I still need to be in the same room, but I don't always have to be the entertainer.  But the biggest difference from the start of the year is that Jonah and I now have a nice rhythm of nap, eat, play.

I'm proud of us for having survived the year together.  We've earned our summer break. Jonah will have fun spending more time with mommy and Elliott.  And I'll enjoy several weeks of freedom.  Just nine more days. . .


*9 Grandma Days until End of School Year*

No comments: