May 2018

May 2018

Thursday, May 12, 2011

Stupid Wildlife!

After we had all new windows installed several years ago, cleaning became so much easier. The newer windows tilt in, so it's no longer necessary to go outside to get half the job done. The sunroom, however, is a different story.

The sunroom replaced our deck and is on the second level since we have a walkout basement.  The "windows" are a series of sliding glass doors except for the 20-foot peak, which contains stationary panes.  Just Windows cleans the sunroom glass twice a year, spring and fall.  They came yesterday, so today I began spring cleaning the rest of the room.  That's when I discovered several small holes in two screens, which I suspect were caused by birds.

So now I'm annoyed with the birds as well as the squirrels and mice.  Earlier in the season, I discovered that squirrels have been gnawing holes in our resin outdoor toy box.  I also found evidence of mice in one of the garage cabinets.  Woodland animals are just cute until they start damaging property.  For now, they just better stay clear!


*11 Grandma Days until End of School Year*

No comments: