May 2018

May 2018

Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Asphalt Bids

After spending more time than usual in the yard this spring, I decided to get bids to repave our driveway.  With the hall bathroom remodel already scheduled for July, however, the driveway may not work with the remaining 2011 home-repair budget.  But the only way to find out is to get bids.

It's times like these I really appreciate the internet.  In a matter of 20 minutes, I was able to find and contact seven asphalt companies.  From past experience with home-repair contractors, I know it will take at least that many to get three professional bids.  Then after the bids arrive, I'll use the internet, again, to quickly find feedback and references.

I honestly don't know how I ever got anything done before computers and the world wide web.  For sure, there are times when one or the other is frustrating.  But the benefits far out weigh any aggravation.


*12 Grandma Days until End of School Year*

No comments: