May 2018

May 2018

Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Scary Storm

A severe thunderstorm swept through Ballwin early afternoon yesterday.  It scared me more than any of the many storms with tornado warnings we've had this season.  Maybe it's because I slept through most of the others.  But yesterday I ended up closing the drapes so I didn't see the trees bending at a 45 degree angle, or the blanket of rain beating against the windows.  It was frightening!

When it was all over, we had little damage.  Two panels of our bamboo fence were knocked down, and half of my tomato plant was snapped off.  We also had a yard full of sticks and tree branches.  But, luckily, our biggest inconvenience was just losing cable for about 10 hours, which means no television or internet.

We could still get online with our iPhones, but it's not nearly as much fun working with a tiny screen.  So I ended up welcoming the excuse to turn in early.  I'm now wondering if people were more rested before there was television or internet.  I might have read more books, but I know a lot of people who wouldn't have.  Something to ponder. . .


*3 Grandma Days until End of School Year*

No comments: