May 2018

May 2018

Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Happy Birthday Jim!

Today is Jim's birthday and Allie's due date.  Allie is married to Matt, my oldest nephew. Matt and Allie already have a daughter, Anna, who turned three April 30.  Now Henry will soon be joining the family.

My parents are truly blessed.  From three children, they have nine grandchildren and, so far, four great-grandchildren after Henry's arrival.  Of course, it's unfortunate that mom cannot appreciate the gifts God has given her.  Truth is, however, even before Alzheimer's took her memories, mom's depression never allowed her to simply enjoy life.

I used to waste a lot more time fretting.  But now I like to view life as a "glass half full." There will always be "things" to worry or be depressed about.  But I prefer to count my blessings, which includes a loving husband.  Happy birthday Jim!


*17 Grandma Days until End of School Year*

No comments: