May 2018

May 2018

Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Cooking Fun

The sun is out!  It's still a little cool, but I plan to tackle some yard work as soon as Emily picks up Jonah.  With that in mind, I've been in the kitchen a lot today while Jonah's been taking good naps.

First I made asparagus pesto for a pasta dish later this week.  I then cooked and mashed sweet potatoes for tonight's meal.  The Meal Plan for the week changed slightly.  We're having pork tenderloin tonight instead of Wednesday.  I started marinating the pork yesterday afternoon.

I also made icing and decorated cupcakes (previously baked and frozen) for Jim's birthday tomorrow.  Tonight's dessert will be strawberry shortcake.  I began macerating the strawberries late Sunday and baked biscuits today.

I'm back in the (cooking) game!


*18 Grandma Days until End of School Year*

No comments: