May 2018

May 2018

Sunday, April 10, 2011

"Shop Your Closet"

Yesterday I decided I could no longer put off going through my wardrobe.  I was tired of the bags and boxes of new shoes and clothes sitting on my bedroom floor because they had no where to go.  Plus my closets and dressers had become completely disorganized as the weather keeps changing drastically day to day.  It took me all afternoon and there are still a few drawers that need to be tackled. But I now have two extra-large trash bags full of clothes and shoes for charity.

I ended up with more than enough room for my recent purchases.  But, as I edited my wardrobe, I couldn't help but think about something I'd heard recently -- "Shop your closet."  When I heard it, I didn't think it would work for me because I thought I knew my wardrobe.  However, yesterday I found pieces I had forgotten about that I actually still like.  I don't regret purchasing any of my new things but, the next time I feel the urge to shop for clothes or accessories, I'm going to review what I already own.

No comments: