May 2018

May 2018

Saturday, April 9, 2011

Container Gardening

I'm a big fan of home shopping channels.  Not sure how it happened, but I got hooked ten years ago.  During the day while I'm working, crafting, or cooking, I usually have QVC or HSN on in the background.  I've purchased all types of items from both companies using their websites.  I find the whole process saves time and, often, money.  But, for me, the biggest benefit of watching home shopping channels is learning about products I never knew existed.

Most recently I learned about EarthBox, a container gardening system.  After watching HSN's presentation, I did some online research.  Not only did I find hundreds of happy customers, but I also discovered that HSN's one-day sale price was the best available.  I ended up buying three kits, two for me and one for Emily. We both cook with fresh vegetables and herbs and have wanted to grow our own. But we didn't want to deal with composting and tilling.  Container gardening seems perfect for us.

We also think it will be great for Elliott to see how the food he eats actually grows. I'm already thrilled with his interest.  Yesterday after school, we took the boys to the garden center to pick out our seedlings.  Elliott participated fully.  It was satisfying and fun to see.  I can just imagine his smiling face when he picks the first pepper or tomato he grew himself!

No comments: