May 2018

May 2018

Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Remodel Projects

I just realized that, including weekends, my summer break from Grandma Daycare will only be 73 days.  Whatever happened to the nine-month school year and three-month summer vacation?

During that short time, which is only 51 business days, I hope to have the hall bathroom remodeled and our two smaller bedrooms trimmed and painted.  I'm currently working with the designer to make that happen.  But we also have to schedule around two one-week vacations, which means there are really only 42 business days available.

My plan used to be to get the hall bath done this summer and the kitchen remodeled summer 2012.  However, I don't see how that's possible now.  The master bath took three weeks.  A complete kitchen remodel would certainly take at least six to eight weeks.  I'm now thinking my dream kitchen will have to wait until 2013 when I'm retired from full-time Grandma Daycare.  On the bright side, that gives me more time to plan, dream, and save.


*22 Grandma Days until End of School Year*

No comments: