May 2018

May 2018

Sunday, March 20, 2011

Three Pounds Down

Two weeks counting calories and I've lost three pounds.  I'm very happy with that progress.  But I'm also frustrated and angry with myself.

My food intake at meals hasn't changed much during the last two weeks.  What has changed is my snacking.  I'm now forcing myself to count snack calories and not just grab and go unconsciously.  Clearly, a handful of M&Ms or a couple of cookies will pack on pounds no matter how healthy my meals are or how much I work out.

I need to remember that I can have an orange, for example, for half the calories of a handful of M&Ms.  And since an orange takes more time to eat and has fiber, I stay satisfied longer. Of course, there will always be times when I feel I need chocolate or sugar.  But it'll also always be a trade off for a lower calorie meal or more exercise. That is if I always want to comfortably fit in my favorite jeans!

No comments: