May 2018

May 2018

Saturday, March 19, 2011

Color of Spring

Yellow is the color of spring.  I'm just now realizing this.

Around here, the first things to bloom are the forsythia bushes.  Thursday, for the first time this year, I saw a bush in full bloom.  It was covered in bright yellow blossoms.

I'm also beginning to see clumps of yellow daffodils.  Our crop is on the north side of the house so needs a couple more days before bursting.  But soon our yard, too, will have a spring jolt of yellow.

With this new yellow realization, I now think my prom dress was a very appropriate color for a spring event.  It was yellow taffeta covered with white lace.  I wore it to three proms.  My first was sophomore year when I was dating a boy a grade ahead of me.

I still have that dress. It's hanging downstairs next to my wedding dress.  I guess I do find sentimental value in some things after all!

No comments: