May 2018

May 2018

Monday, March 21, 2011

Busy, Busy, Busy

I was sitting here wondering why I'm so tired.  Then I remembered that I've been going nonstop for several days.

I moved all the games and books from the closet in the boys' room to the downstairs playroom.  I then moved all blankets and sheets to the cleaned out closet.  The boys' closet is now our linen closet in addition to holding all of my out-of-season clothes. Previously, blankets and sheets were stuffed under beds and in a cedar chest.  The new arrangement makes them much easier to access.

I also moved several pieces of furniture from the boys' room to the playroom, making space for a larger bed. When the new mattress arrives next week, we will be replacing the twin bed with the queen from the basement bedroom.  Through Craigslist.com, I have someone picking up the old queen mattress late this afternoon.

Over the weekend, Jim moved all the furniture out of the downstairs bedroom to paint the floor.  It's the first step to transforming the space into an exercise room. Therefore, in addition to cleaning, sorting, and organizing, I've had triple the laundry, washing all the linens that were on the queen bed.

The boys' room used to have a train theme.  It now has a Disney theme with Elliott's approval.  That means I changed all the art work.  This poster from Allposters.com is the main attraction.   I also exchanged lamps with the Mickey ones that where in my hobby room.

Today I continued tackling the hobby room, removing more Disney stuff.  I still haven't decided on a new theme. However, I did finally decide on the bookshelves that are on sale at Target.com.  They'll replace the super cheap storage I'm currently using.

Sometime this summer, I plan to have both rooms painted.  I also want to add crown molding, and trim around the windows and closets.  After last year's master bathroom renovation, I hired a company my designer recommended because Jim was busy at work.  They did an excellent job of painting and trimming the master bedroom for an extremely reasonable price.  And it was great having the job done in two days instead of taking two weeks when Jim could grab time in the evenings and weekends.

There's still plenty to tackle on my "To Do" list.  I just hope I don't run out of energy before getting it all done!

No comments: