May 2018

May 2018

Saturday, March 5, 2011

More Fun Less Work

Yesterday, after Emily picked up Jonah, Elliott went with me to mom's bank and then ours. When he asked why I have two banks, we talked about all the jobs grandma has.  That list included taking care of Jonah and Elliott added himself. However, I now find Elliott more fun than work and told him so.

Elliott feeds and dresses himself, and hasn't worn diapers in years.  He also plays alone for long periods of time without getting into trouble.  Best of all, we enjoy doing things together. Recently papa has been taking Elliott on discovery treks through the woods in our backyard. And he and I are having fun playing Legos.

The difference between "watching" Jonah versus Elliott was especially evident yesterday. Jonah was crabby all afternoon and only took an hour nap after a lot of screaming.  In between changing diapers and keeping him out of trouble, I offered food of which most of it he threw on the floor.  I'm really hoping he's teething or coming down with a cold.  I'm praying this isn't a new facet of Jonah's personality!

Earlier in the week, Elliott called to ask if he could sleep over at grandma's house on Friday. I'm glad he likes staying with us.  Now we're all watching Saturday morning cartoons after a pancakes and bacon breakfast.  Yes, five is much less work than one!


*9 Grandma Days until Spring Break!*

No comments: