May 2018

May 2018

Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Hello March!

In recent years, March has become one of my favorite months.  One of the obvious reasons is the official beginning of spring on March 20, which means warmer weather has arrived or is very near.  It also means spring break.

When I had school-aged children, spring break wasn't something I looked forward to.  During the pre-teen years, it meant finding things for all of us to do.  When the kids were in high school, it meant frustration over dealing with different sleeping and eating schedules.  The most challenging, however, were the college years when our tranquil "empty nest" was invaded.  But now I gleefully look forward to spring break as I do snow days.  Spring break, once again, means freedom.

March now also contains a special birth date.  Our second grandson, Jonah, was born last year on March 13.  Since Elliott's birth date is Valentine's Day, we had hoped Jonah would be born on St. Patrick's Day.  But he just couldn't wait that long. Nevertheless, I'm guessing Jonah will be happy to see displays of shamrocks, at least while he's young, knowing it means his birthday month is here.

So March has become a happy month for me and I'm glad to see its return.


*12 Grandma Days until Spring Break!*

No comments: