May 2018

May 2018

Monday, February 28, 2011

Spring Wardrobe

When the kids were in elementary school, I heard about a women who bought all new clothes twice a year.  To make room, she sold her current season's wardrobe from the previous year.  At the time, all the other moms thought her husband was a prince.  And, as I remember it, the woman did not shop at the discount stores.

After shopping last Saturday, I decided it was time to take a good look at my own wardrobe. In doing so, I realized that I've become a bit like the woman envied all those years ago.  I suspect a big difference, however, is that I'm not spending nearly as much money.  Another difference is that I do still wear some items that I've had for years.

But I like to stay current with my wardrobe.   And, even if my weight stays the same, every season I discover pieces in my closet that used to work but don't anymore. Plus I'm all for embracing trends that flatter my baby-boomer body.  It often seems that my generation drives the trends.  Several years ago, the three-quarter length sleeve showed up that's great for covering underarm flab.  This year the longer-length tops that cover the sagging, expanding tush are in vogue.

In all honesty, however, I couldn't afford to replace my wardrobe every season if I needed a lot of pieces.  But I no longer need work clothes in addition to casual items. Nearly all of the pieces in my wardrobe work for every circumstance or event in my life.  Plus, I don't shop at high-end stores and rarely buy anything that's not discounted.  That's my story and I'm sticking to it!


*13 Grandma Days until Spring Break!*

No comments: