May 2018

May 2018

Saturday, March 26, 2011

Coming To An End

Tomorrow is the last day of Spring Break.  I'm praying Jonah will be good and tired on Monday.  It would be wonderful if he took his usual-for-grandma's-house long naps.  If he does, I plan to rest too.  I feel as if I've been going non-stop for nine straight days.  And, yet, I still have so much to do.

Except for a new valance, I did complete the makeover of the boys' room.  And I may be able to make the valance later today or tomorrow.

I finished assembling the new bookshelves for the hobby room this morning.  They look great, but now I want to reorganize some of my craft supplies.  I made a quick run to JoAnn's today for more decorative containers.  I think I'll pick away at that project throughout the next week.

We just finished setting up the new exercise room downstairs.  I was hoping for more floor space, but what we have will do.  And when we replace the old television and stand with a wall-mounted flat screen with DVD player, we'll gain a few more feet.

I am happy with what I accomplished in the home office.  It's cleared of paper clutter and much more enjoyable to be in.  Now I have to strive to keep it that way.

One big project I didn't even start was going through all my clothes.  At this point, it's doubtful I'll get to it in time for the April 2 MS Garage/Bake Sale.  Especially since I'm the sole baker for the event!  Nevertheless, we already have more than a truck full of other items to donate.

So Spring Break is coming to an end, but the projects aren't.  At least the nearly four inches of snow we're currently getting will delay the yard work.  There's always a "silver lining."

No comments: