May 2018

May 2018

Sunday, February 13, 2011

Birthday Party Day

Today was Elliott's birthday party.  He'll be five years old tomorrow.  It was a Lego party and I made the cake.  I don't claim to be a cake decorator by any means.  But, per Elliott's request, I've made several of his birthday cakes.  At least in his preschooler eyes, grandma makes "cool" cakes.

Most of Elliott's gifts were Ninjago Lego sets. Papa and I gave him Garmadon's Dark Fortress last Friday. We never give Elliott his gift on party day.  I prefer that he be able to focus on what we give him. Plus, it gave him something to do on grandma day. Elliott loved it.  He told me today that he played with it nearly all day yesterday.  I have to admit -- Legos are "cool!"


(Day 20 of 30-Day Shred:  Got up early on a Sunday to workout before a busy day.  That's dedication!)

No comments: