May 2018

May 2018

Saturday, February 12, 2011

Stupid Junk Mail!

I guess I'm doing a type of hibernating.  I realized today that for the last two weeks I've only left the house on the weekends.  I haven't even been getting the mail.   Jim's just doing it while he's shoveling snow or moving trash cans.  But apparently we both forgot about it since Wednesday.  Today I pulled three days worth of mail from the box!

There was once a time I looked forward to getting the mail.  It didn't matter if most of it was junk and bills.  I just found it exciting to see what was in the box every day.  My life was simpler then and didn't include the internet.

Now dealing with the six-day-a-week delivery is mostly a chore.  The most annoying part is sorting out the junk mail, which quickly fills the recycle basket.  Once it's filled there's the bagging and hauling of the junk mail to the curb or recycle center.  The more I think about it, the more annoyed I get.  Stupid junk mail is taking up too much of my precious time!

Unfortunately, I don't see an end in sight.  We did reduce some of the junk mail by joining LifeLock.  We no longer get several credit card offers every week.  But there's still plenty of other junk.  Maybe I stumbled on to the only answer for now.  Deal with snail mail only once or twice a week.


(Day 19 of 30-Day Shred:  Got the job done, but it's tough finding time on weekends.)

No comments: