May 2018

May 2018

Wednesday, February 23, 2011

30-Day Shred -- Completed!

I've never been an advocate for working out every day.  I've always felt the body needs rest. But I now feel differently.  I'm certain a lot has to do with the program itself, but exercising daily has energized me.  As a result, my intention is to workout at least 30 minutes 5-6 days a week, even if it's just walking the neighborhood.

I also plan to do Level 1 of the 30-Day Shred at least 4-5 days a week.  I've noticed an overall firming that I never got from any other routine.  And I seem to be moving closer to no longer hating jumping jacks.  During the last couple of workouts, I've noticed they are slightly less excruciating.

But definitely the biggest benefit of this routine has been improved mobility.  The chronic pain in my right knee is nearly gone.  And I no longer feel and look like an old person when getting up from a chair or the floor.

Over the years, I've done a lot of different exercise routines, including treadmills, stationary bikes, yoga, weight machines, and Pilates.  But I've never felt the overall benefits the 30-Day Shred has given me.  And it's basically just old-school calisthenics.  

I know life will sometimes get in the way of my good intentions, but right now I'm determined to make daily exercise a priority.  To that end, we've decided to convert the downstairs bedroom into an exercise room.  It's a nice-sized room with a big window.  I'm very excited!

No comments: