May 2018

May 2018

Saturday, January 29, 2011

Weekends Are Too Short

I would love to have a full weekend for errands and fun.  Instead, I really only have Saturday.  Sundays are eaten up with going to mass and visiting mom, after which Elliott usually comes to grandma's for one-on-one time.

So today, like most Saturdays, I spent several hours in the morning working on mom's finances and the company books.  Normally I would then shower and run errands.  But today I did squeeze in my workout first.

Fortunately I didn't have too many errands.  That gave me a short breather before getting ready for an evening out.  Once or twice a year, one of our suppliers takes us to dinner and the Repertory Theatre.  They're a nice couple and we always have good conversations. Nevertheless, I'd much rather be spending the evening in, watching a movie or two. Weekends are meant for recharging and mine are too short.


(Day 5 of 30-Day Shred:  Still HATE jumping jacks!)

No comments: