May 2018

May 2018

Friday, January 28, 2011

Different World

Today is Friday so I watched both boys.  I can't imagine it ever being easy.  When Jonah's awake, he's fussing about not being allowed to play with Elliott's toys.  When Jonah's napping, it seems I'm constantly reminding Elliott not to be too loud.

Truthfully, however, Elliott did very well today.  I gave him the seven Lego skeletons I snagged on Ebay and he was thrilled.  Most of the day he spent setting up scenes while watching Lego videos on YouTube using my iPad.

He even let me workout this morning.  I told him it would only be one episode of The Backyardigans.  So while Elliott watched his show on the portable DVD player, I used the one attached to the television.

What a different world Elliott lives in.  He almost refuses to believe there once was no internet.  And he finds it difficult to imagine a time when such things as Tivo, cell phones, and computers didn't exist.   Honestly, I have a hard time imagining those days myself!


(Day 4 of 30-Day Shred:  Barely any soreness; cardio remains the most difficult part.)

No comments: