May 2018

May 2018

Sunday, January 30, 2011

Cupcake Bargain

Today I had a cupcake craving.  So I decided to visit the Schnucks bakery while I was grocery shopping.  In their case they had a variety of cupcakes but they were all packaged in half and full dozens.  I just wanted two cupcakes, one for me and one for Jim.  The beauty of a cupcake is portion control.  A portion is one cupcake, not six or twelve.

I decided to ask if I could get just two cupcakes.  Turned out I could and they would be made to order!  I chose the cake and icing flavors, and the sprinkles.  At a free-standing bakery, one cupcake is $3-4 dollars. My bill was a bargain $1.99 for two!  Now I just have to restrain myself from visiting the bakery every time I shop at Schnucks :-)


(Day 6 of 30-Day Shred:  DVD player wouldn't start with the DVD stuck inside.  Moved my gear upstairs and used Roku to access my Amazon videos.  Gotta love technology!)

No comments: