May 2018

May 2018

Monday, January 3, 2011

Feline Babysitter

Emily and Elliott went back to school today.  That means the end of winter break for Grandma Daycare also.  Jonah arrived around 7:30 A.M. and went down for his morning nap at 8:30 A.M.  I figured I had at least an hour, so I started setting up the company's 2011 files.

We live in a ranch house.  The bedrooms are on one end; my office is on the other end. Therefore, if I'm working in the office I can't hear Jonah unless he's really loud.  So, after an hour, I'll walk down the hall every 20-30 minutes listening for baby sounds, although it's probably not necessary.

During the day Rupert sleeps on our bed in the room across the hall from Jonah's.  As soon as he hears Jonah, he comes and tells me with soft "meows."  This has happened several times.  Odds are he's just annoyed to have his sleep disturbed, but I like to think he's helping me babysit.

No comments: