May 2018

May 2018

Monday, January 31, 2011

Knee Pain

The 30-Day Shred includes a lot of squatting.  I'm being careful to execute each movement properly to minimize knee pain.  Nevertheless, I'm noticing that my right knee is hurting more than usual as I descend the stairs.  It's not bad enough for me to quit the program, but I think I need to do something about it.

Years ago my right knee gave out as I was walking down stairs.  After some research, I bought a brace, which got me through the episode.  For several years after, I always packed the brace when we traveled just in case it happened again, which it never did.  But now I think a knee brace is just what I need and, of course, I can't find it.  It's probably in one of our suitcases currently buried as we prepare for the foundation fix.

So, with ice and snow on the way, I went to my reliable online store, Amazon.  They had the perfect brace and, since I have Prime, it will be here Wednesday.  I love the internet!


(Day 7 of 30-Day Shred:  Didn't seem as long. . .must be building endurance?)

No comments: