May 2018

May 2018

Saturday, January 8, 2011

Baby It's Cold Outside!

After vacuuming, steam-cleaning the kitchen floor, changing the sheets, and doing several loads of wash, I left the house planning to drive through two banks before meeting Emily for lunch and shopping.  Good grief!  I was not prepared for 19 degrees.  I was only wearing a long-sleeve t-shirt, down vest, and scarf.  Needless to say, after the bank runs I returned home to add a sweater to my layers.

One of the few unnecessary outings that'll get me out of the house when it's this cold is a trip to the local JoAnn store.  As a teacher Emily always gets 10% off her entire purchase. But today teachers got 20% off.  Since I usually only purchase sale or clearance items to begin with, getting an additional 20% off is outstanding.  Plus today we got $10 gift cards for every $50 we spent.  I'm sure someone has worked this all out.  But I have to wonder -- how in the heck do they make any money!

No comments: